My Photo
Name:
Location: Vestal, New York, United States

Sunday, September 23, 2007

To-Do List: 1) Make a To-Do List

This morning on "Sunday Morning" there was a segment devoted to lists and our obsession with them. Although a big fan of them, I have never thought much about lists, I just make them. Americans love lists. They are easy to read, simple to understand and not very time consuming. I see lists on the cover of the magazines I subcsribe to: Top 10 College Women; 100 Hot-City Guide; 10 Foods for Sexy Abs; Nine Secrets Health Insurers Don't Want You To Know; Your So-SIMPLE Shopping List. With a little prompting by "Sunday Morning", I remember that lists have been a huge part in our society for thousands of years. The New York Times Bestseller List is a list. The Bill of Rights is a list. The Ten Commandments is a list.

After watching the segment, I realize that lists might actually control my life.

I keep a constantly running to do list that I keep in my car so that I can refer to it often.

I keep a grocery list when my parents are out of town and I actually have to buy my own groceries.

I keep a list on www.43things.com of the things I would like to do/accomplish someday.

I keep lists at work about what files need to be worked on and what I need to do with them.

I keep a list on www.netflix.com of the movies that will be delivered to me next.

Look at that, I just made another list.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I love lists because (1)they are structured and organized, (2) crossing something out on a piece of paper or Word document is far more satisfying than just knowing you accomplished a task, (3) they are awesome.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home